Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Another Day, Another comment.

Well, once again, I'm laughed at for wanting to write. Honestly, I get it. Really, I do. I know there's no money in it. I know that x and y and q and p... I know all that. Really. But I don't need every time I mention it to be laughed at. Okay, and I know it's meant well, that it's just in good fun... etc., etc., etc. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt.

Okay, I was asked what I want to do after I get out of school. I honestly... I hate when people ask me that. Because I say I figure I'll go to the community college... okay. And yes, I do have something that I specifically want to do, but I don't have anything specific really as to
how to do it. What I'm going to do to get there and the like. Okay... no, I don't want to go into journalism. Every single time I tell someone that I want to write, that's what I am asked. Every time. Honestly... do that many people really pursue journalism? No, I don't want to be spewing lies and half-truths, I don't want to be that machine. I want to write people. I want to write what I want to write, honestly. As soon as I say that... well, joking and poking ensues. A teacher. I know... a teacher. I said that I wanted to get into fiction, and he made a comment... "I'll visit you in your box". I laughed. Sure... it's funny the first couple of times. But when it comes to the idea that every time you want to let someone know what you want to do, you get knocked for it... joked at, poked at... it frankly gets tiring. I know I can't start with a career on its own. I know that. And that's why I'm interested in looking into other things. Really, there's not much else I want to do, but I'm stretching what I'm interested to try and pursue it. I'm really not interested in making loads of money. I just want to do something I like. I know I'm young, and I haven't "lived" yet. It's what I want. But it hurts when people make comments.

No comments: